Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in game developing.
- Anyone interested to start or develop a tech career.
What will you learn?
We will go through the basic principles of game design, the anatomy of a game, difficulties and tricks when designing a game.
We’re going to develop a 2D platformer game with an engine that we’re going to write ourselves.
We won’t be relying on already existing engines like Unreal, Unity, etc. Instead, we’ll to use an API called SDL2.0, which is going to help us with the game graphics, sound and other interactions with the operating system.
Project: At the end of the workshop you’ll have a fully working game which can be further developed and expanded in your own way.
What are the requirements?
- Good C++ programming skills
- Basic knowledge of concepts like polymorphism and virtual methods
- Basic skills with the STL C++ library (std::vector std::list, std::string, etc.)
- C++ compiler installed
- Your own laptop
- And last but not least, a desire for creativity
What is the Agenda?
We will have 5 sessions on Thursdays.
Thr first 4 sessions will be classes. The last one will be the presentations of the projects and certificates of completion will be granted!
This course is free thanks to the hard work of the Coding Girls Volunteers. Please enrol only if you will be able to assist to all the sessions since the spots are limited.
Thanks to Trio-Group for hosting at their Trio-Hub.
For more inspiring events, visit https://www.coding-girls.com/events.