There are so many programming languages out there, and new ones are popping up almost every day. Which one to choose? Where to start? To stay ahead of the game by broadening your skill set, learning a new language is important for your professional growth.
Some of the developers claim that Golang is a neat combination of the best features of the most popular languages. You will have the chance to find this out yourself at this workshop.
Join us at the Golang 101 workshop. We’ll get familiar with Go - a modern language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software. We’ll build a real world application and learn the basics of programming in Go.
Golang also known as Google Go, which is the programming language created by (as you may have already guessed) Google. Golang was initially developed at Google in year 2007.
You’ll need to have:
A laptop and a charger
Go installed (follow https://golang.org/doc/install). If you’re having issues, it’s ok, you can come before the workshop and we’ll help you.
What will I learn during the workshop?
You will be introduced to Golang and will learn the basics of this programming language together with experienced professionals from Uber Engineering Sofia team. Moreover, you will meet like-minded people from the tech field.
Who is it for?
The workshop is for people who are passionate about coding and have some programming experience, but are new to Golang.
*Please, note if you are a Golang pro then some of the upcoming meetups might be more suitable for you and sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with our events.
1. Can men also join?
- Yes, they can, but women are given priority
2. Should I bring a laptop with me?
- Yes, please! Take your working machine with you and please follow the instructions on what to have ready
3. Can I just show up if I didn`t receive a confirmation?
- We have set up this to be an actual workshop. That is why seats are limited and it is important to register and wait for a confirmation.
4. If I have received a confirmation but it turns out I cannot go, shall I inform you?
- Yes, please! With only about 20 seats, we can provide this opportunity to someone who gets into a waiting list. So please be responsible! Thank you.
*Drinks and snacks will be provided. Feel free to share this opportunity with your friends, colleagues, people who might be interested in this workshop. Sharing is caring!
Ready, steady, Go!
Sign up for a free introductory workshop and give Go a go! :)
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. We love sharing about the last news in tech, cool events: meetups, workshops, hackathons, discounted and free tickets to large tech conferences and inspiring stories about women in technology. Follow Uber Engineering on Facebook and Twitter and stay up-to-date with the exciting news and innovations that software engineers are working on.